Friday, January 4, 2013

Fixing Technology Glitches A New Years Resolution

Fixing Technology Glitches A New Years Resolution

Can technology be the cause of gray hair?   I would say yes, when it doesn't perform like you expect it to!  
 
Everything is relative.   To my Mom, who is very tech savvy for one of her generation, ( I will not divulge her age),  the learning curve of a new cell phone can wreak havoc.   It can be simply frustrating when "the damn computer" isn't behaving like expected!    I get it.

I get the frustration.  This stuff is a part of our lives and it is supposed to make life easier!


Living With Technology

But when things don't work....  ugg.   Maybe if I  understood the inner working of these things, I wouldn't get so frustrated .   All I really want is to turn the gadget on and get myself from point A to point B, Cell phone, I Pad, GPS or computer.

Like a car,  I don't really care how it works, but I know that when I turn the key, it will start and take me from one place to another.
If something goes wrong, it's really no biggy.    Off to the trusted mechanic or a call to AAA (or Al) will fix it! 

Not quite the same for tech toys and tools!    Evidence this by running into a simple little glitch.  
Not easy to find someone that can wrap their  hands or head around the thing and fix it asap.    Talk about specialization!    Anyone dealing with tech support can vouch for this.    One quickly finds  that the source of some help might just very well be short on patience for the not so informed!  

Getting to the point.  

Instead of dealing with the glitch(s), It can be easier to just.. well, live with it.   
One of my resolutions this new year is to get a couple of things that "I have been living with" ironed out.      Example number 1.   (There are others I will work on later!)

Google hasn't been cooperating with me for several months now.   It seems I must have ticked Google off and messed up by having some sort of redundancy.  That was apparently making Google unhappy and not cooperative.   An easy fix for some I am sure, but not for me! 

Try I did, but to no avail.   Taking the time to figure out what  (she, him or it (what is Google anyway?)), wanted was not really in my wheel house!   So, I gave up after several more gray hairs.
In response to yet another not so gentle push by a friend and co worker,  I was energized to make this one resolution happen.   And.   Happen I hope it did.

Fresh eyes and mind, I made way through the labyrinth of frustration.     I think this time I have it!    Check me out and join me on Google plus. 

Fingers crossed.....I do believe I can cross this one off the list!

On to the next.....

_____________________________

Are you planning a move in 2013?

For 25 years, I have been helping people achieve their real estate dreams.   I will guarantee you that I have no problem navigating the real estate process and can help you with your move.

 Simply call at 508-494-9061 or email to Cal@alandcal.com  and we can get you started whether you are looking to Buy, Sell, Rent or Invest.

You can search for homes by clicking here.



Carol-Ann Palmieri
Al and Cal Realty Group


508-494-9061

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to weigh in!